Free Program Offered to Residents of Clarendon County
The Community Paramedic Program is a free program to all citizens of Clarendon County. This program provides a way for Clarendon citizens to get answers to healthcare problems, it helps provide free education on managing illnesses at home, and it provides access to various healthcare facilities and doctors. The program assists patients in getting the resources they need to live a better and healthier life. The program also provides valuable education on when you should call an ambulance to go to the hospital and when you should contact your primary care physician to get the right help to make you feel better.
The goal of the program is to help individuals understand and manage their current condition or illness in effort to improve their quality of life. The program is partnered with a variety of organizations throughout Clarendon County to help provide services for those in need.
Benefits of the Program
- Education on current illnesses
- Prescription drug education
- Development of care plans
- Medical equipment training
- Mediation between patients and Primary Care Physician
- Improving your quality of life
- Help with finding a Primary Care Physician
- Help with obtaining prescription medications
- Assistance with understanding physician instructions
- In home COVID testing (if available)
- Assistance with Meals on Wheels
- Help finding resources to assist patients with their current needs and disabilities.
There is no cost for this program if you are a citizen of Clarendon County
This program was developed for residents who simply have healthcare needs that are not being met. These patients that have seem to fallen through the gaps. There is no homebound status required for this program, nor does it matter if the patient has insurance. Once a referral has been received a Community Paramedic will contact you within 24-72 hours to establish your first home visit.
The program provides free in-home COVID testing to those who are not able to get to a testing center. (If test are available) They also provide COVID education, treatment options, and a list of free testing sites in Clarendon County where you can go to get tested.
If you have a medical emergency, please dial 911
Community Paramedic Contact Information
Captain Marc Brewer
Office: 803-435-4696 ext. 3639 Cell: 803-825-9940 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org